Sunday, October 18, 2009

I survived!

To all who may be wondering-I survived the swine flu vaccine. The only effect that hit me was an extreme exhaustion the day after. Otherwise i was fine. My arm wasn't even as sore as it was with the regular flu vaccine! One of my co-workers who has a weak immune system seemed to get ill from the nasal wash vaccine. But several other co-workers got the nasal version and did fine. So-If you have a weak immune system or are pregnant or nursing-demand the shot. Otherwise-the nasal swine flu vaccine will work for you and you save a poke!
Good luck finding out if this is for you or not-but know that I will get my husband and own children vaccinated. Its too prevalent in our community not too! There is a ton of the flu going around and it is almost all swine flu! I feel much safer at work as I treat patients with possible flu. I know that I've done all I can to keep myself from getting sick.
On happier notes-Gavin seems to have acquired a croup like cough from somewhere. He acts normal, just coughs a lot. It seemed to be better this afternoon. We'll see how he does through the night.
McKinley always tells us her tummy hurts in the morning-then she informs us its because she is hungry and needs to eat. The silly thing! She is recently terrified of the dark and won't go up or down the stairs by herself when it is remotely dark. You don't even have to teach them the fear-they just get it on their own. I'm also afraid of the dark-but only if i'm outside by myself or in a big building-like the church-when its all dark! Ugh! I shudder just thinking about it. Thank goodness my husband is invincible and isn't scared of any monsters lurking in dark hallways! He always provides the light and goes ahead! Thanks Matthew!
Oh-and an even happier note-Potatoes are done!!! Boy oh boy! I get my husband back and a more normal routine! However, I'm very grateful for Matthew's grandparents for allowing him to work the whole time. I know that they needed him to help-but i'm still grateful that they provided him an income for a couple of weeks! We've been blessed! I can't deny that.
Good night to all. (or good day depending on when you read this)

No comments:

Post a Comment