Thursday, March 4, 2010

My kids are Awesome!

I'm so excited to say that Jamison slept through the night last night! Okay-I put him to bed at midnight, maybe a little sooner. He slept until after 9 am this morning! Awesome, right! I don't know if it was a fluke or not. We will see how he does tonight.
So, I know you are all thinking "that's great, a good nights rest" right? Not even close! I swear my awesome children communicate on a spiritual level and say, "hey guys, I need a good nights rest tonight. Could you wake up so mom doesn't sleep good?"
After I put Jamison down, I was reading a book to relax. Gavin woke up. We go back into his room and he usually falls right to sleep if we lay on the floor next to his toddler bed. So, I settled with my book and after a couple of drinks-for Gavin-I thought I was in the clear when McKinley woke up! Gavin wasn't quite asleep and didn't want me to leave, so McKinley settled on his floor as well. When they were both asleep I was trying to move McKinley. She wanted me to lay by her in her bed as she said she was cold and "nobody ever lays by me!". This last sentence kills me. We are the hardest on her and she is the most difficult child of ours, so I always feel like she needs more love. So I almost always lay by her if she requests it. Anyway, I have no idea what time it is at this point, but McKinley's bed is definitely more comfortable then Gavin's floor, so I jumped into her bed. Next thing I know, Matthew is waking me up telling me he is leaving for work. Wow! I crawled in our bed and went back to sleep until the alarm went off at 8. I was still fully clothed!
What a night!
Someday I'll sleep again.

2 comments:

  1. Someday you'll sleep again?! Don't hold your breath!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Daughter,
    Well, hold on...it only will get better...how long??? Hummmm...I am to old...I forget...but I know when you guys were up at night...I would just have you guys crawl in bed with me!!
    Poor, poor Daddie!! Your such a good mommie...keep up the wonderful job your doing.
    Love you! Give kisses to my cute cute grandbabies!! And a hug to your handsome hubby!

    ReplyDelete