Friday, February 5, 2010

Ahead of her time.

A friend of mine at work was talking about her little girl and how she is showing signs of being an early walker. She is 7 months old if I remember correctly and she is already balancing on her own. She might have McKinley beat!! As all good parents do, I had to tell my friend about McKinley. She walked at 9 months, rode her bike without training wheels just before turning 4, and can jump rope at 4 and 1/2. Nikki asked me to post video of her jump roping. I decided to find the one we have of her walking at 9 months, and yes, it was March 24, 2006. I laugh everytime I watch it. Be warned, we were first time parents and the video of her walking is very long. Don't feel like you have to watch all of it.
Nikki-this is for you! Be prepared for what is to come!!
Kinda weird to see them side by side. They grow up fast! When McKinley was learning how to jump rope, she couldn't spin her left arm the same as her right. She would jump kinda sideways. It was pretty spastic, but she kept working at it! Gotta give the girl kudos! She is pretty awesome when she's not irritating Gavin. I keep thinking she'll be my olympian! Ha Ha-isn't that every mother's dream! Here's the video of McKinley and Gavin skiing that I wanted to post so long ago. (nope-it didn't work again! I'll try again later.)
Gavin went up on the chair lift last weekend with Matthew and uncle Morgan. Uncle Devin took a video of him going down. We'll have to get it from him. Morgan skied backwards the entire way and Gavin just followed him. If he got going too fast, Morgan would just catch him. McKinley finished her 4 weeks of lessons last week and can officially go on almost any run on the mountain. They stay off the super steep ones. She's pretty funny to watch! She's still not super interested in technique, but I suppose that will come. Who am I to talk-I can't even ski! Its a good thing our kids have aunts and uncles to help them learn how. (and grandmas!) McKinley's cousin, Celsea, came up last weekend with my sister and parents. She went skiing too! It was a great success! Here's some fun pics!





3 comments:

  1. I love the bubble picture. It's well framed and you got the fish-eye affect without even needing a fancy lens! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I say...what cute grandkids I have!! They are the most beautiful little people...just like my kids were and still are!! Thank you Erica & Matthew for a great weekend!
    I can't believe McKinley has grown up so fast!! Yikes!! I better hurry and re-learn how to ski and keep up with her!! Thanks McKinley for such a fun ski day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't take credit for that bubble pic, Soph. My mom took it. It did turn out cute though.

    ReplyDelete