Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sorry it's been so long!

Apparently I've waited too long to post on our blog. My brother-in-law who is on a mission in Mexico, berated me and my sister-in-law for not keeping up on our blogs. I suppose not much has been going on, so I've not had a real super reason to blog. Tonight, however, Gavin kicked me out of his room, "Get outta here! I'm sleeping!" Sorry dude! So, I have a few minutes to post something.
We've been up skiing a couple of times this season. McKinley is doing the Kelly Kids series lessons. We get them for free as Janean and Matthew are employees. Its like $170 to take these lessons! She'll go up every Saturday in January. They go out 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. She's in class with 2 or 3 other little girls. She was classified as an advanced beginner! Gavin has also been up, although he only gets lessons with grandma. Today he wanted to ride the lift-so Janean took him up! I rode up with McKinley. Gavin thought that was the most awesome thing ever! Janean just kept him between her skis to get him down the hill again. McKinley just goes off and you have to follow her. Independent little thing she is! She is fun to watch. She has gotten to where she doesn't just shoot down the hill. She actually can control her speed and make nice turns.
Speaking of good skiing-we only get channel 6 on our tv. It's got 3 varieties and one of those is universal sports. Its got all the pre Olympic events. Lindsay Vonn is a very good skier! Even compared to the other pros on the hill-she just looks better, smoother, stronger! Its fun to watch her ski. Just thought you'd like to know.
Here's a few pictures and a long video for your enjoyment. Sorry the video is such poor shooting quality. It was me, and i'm terrible! Plus, McKinley was heading back down to the lift by herself, so I got a little distracted.


Above: our excited little skiers! Note Gavin's scary face. I think he is saying "cheese" with goggles on. Doesn't work well apparently. Who knows why McKinley won't smile. It's her mission in life to aggravate her dad! If my brothers saw this-i'm sure they'd be mortified at my children's mismatch ski outfits. But hey-you can't complain about hand me downs!

Down the bunny hill!
Gavin really likes wearing McKinley's pink helmet and goggles! Silly kid!
Gavin riding the rope tow with Grandma Janean. He thinks it's totally awesome!


Here he is coming down the bunny hill. Janean will let him do this one by himself!
I couldn't get the video to load. I'll try posting it later.
Oh-we do have some good news with Matthew's job, but as we haven't made a decision or informed our family, we'll make all who read this wait and wonder. Sorry!


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I wanna know about his job! =) I'm glad it is good news. It looks like you are having a lot of fun skiing! The kids are so impressive! and cute! How's little Jamison?

    ReplyDelete