Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas and New Years!

As always, when I'm writing, it's mostly pictures with a story behind it. This is no exception. I just like pictures! We had a wonderful Christmas celebration and some fun New Year's activities. Christmas is too much fun with kids! McKinley is old enough now to understand that she gets things! Gavin enjoys unwrapping the presents as well. It was fun to see their faces get all excited. It takes forever to unwrap presents with kids! They get so distracted with one thing that they forget about everything else! It took almost 1/2 hour just to get through the big presents (I'll post pictures)and stockings! The hit of Gavin's Christmas-Mr. Potato Head! He loves it! McKinley's favorite-probably all her little make-up things in her stocking. I know, I know, make-up for a 4 year old!? One of her friends is 11 and she always comes back from her house with make-up on. At least this way I get to choose the colors! After presents, we went to Grandma Janean's and Grandpa Bryant's just in time to talk to Uncle Garrett, Matthew's youngest brother, who is serving a mission in Mexico. It was good to hear from him.
For New Year's, my sister Tammy and her family came up. Breanna and McKinley are 2 years apart, but they love playing together! This picture below is our sledding adventure. At Smith park here in Rexburg, they made this ice slide! You don't even need a sled! The girls loved trying all different riding positions!

Here's Gavin going down the hill! I didn't even know he would go by himself. It's quite the shock watching your 2 year old head down a hill with no one waiting! And he went right over the jump! Good thing he doesn't catch much air! Despite the look on his face, he really is enjoying himself!

This is Mcki's awesome "i'm ready to go sledding" outfit! She has about as much style as her mother!
this is Gavin's pre-sledding outfit. Okay, he really just wanted to be dressed like Tinker bell! No, this is not a joke and it was not our idea, nor his sister's! It was his doing! It is really hilarious to hear him ask where his dress is! He never ceases to make us laugh!
Christmas church shirts. A friend of ours made Gavin's awesome little tie! She also made a onesie with a matching tie on it for Jamison. It's a little big-but I'll post pics when it fits.
I love this pic of my niece, Breanna! cute kid!

Here's me and Jamison. His first sledding experience. Don't worry, I only took him once.
We had him good and bundled!
New Year's Day Christmas tree burn! This was after the big fire died down! 41 trees this year and no wind made for a very big mushroom cloud!

Gavin's totally awesome Truck bookcase! This pic is a little blurry-but you get the idea. I described to Matthew what I wanted for Gavin and he drew up some plans. With the help of his amazing brother, Morgan, this is what they created! If your interested in your own, let me know. I'm not sure how much they would charge-but who cares! This is awesome!
McKinley got a daddy-built stove! It totally looks like the real thing. I made Matthew make this cause nice store bought ones were out of our price range! He had wood left over from Gavin's shelf and with some added scraps from the shop-it turned out perfect! I can't believe these boys! (Yes, we owe Morgan big time for his help!) They are amazing! Gavin plays with the stove more than McKinley does-but at least it is getting used!
One last picture and then I will close. McKinley spilled hot chocolate on her clothes at Janean's. This is the outfit that came out of the spill! Don't ask! Again-my child has my fashion sense! She always makes us smile! Sophie caught this moment on camera. I took it from her blog. Thanks, Sophie for always having your camera! Happy New Year to all who read this! We love you! Sorry we didn't get out any Christmas cards this year!




4 comments:

  1. I love the bookshelf and stove! Awesome! You're brave to take a newborn baby sledding! It looks like you all had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't to steep of a hill. And he's in a sling, so he's attached to me. Really pretty mellow. It was fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like your Christmas & New Years were alot of fun!! To bad we weren't there to help celebrate at the tree burn!! We missed it!!
    Matthew...your bookshelve & stove are awesome!! When I get a bigger playroom I would love to have one of each for the grandchildren!!
    We love you guys!! Give that cute new baby a kiss from his grammie Susie...and two more for the big kids!! Love them!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love Gavin's Tinkerbell outfit. LOL It's great. The stove and bookshelf are awesome! I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

    ReplyDelete