Monday, April 20, 2009

Ahhh, the joy of dirt!

Today I rediscovered Tonka trucks. We went to help Garrett work on the cabin and I realized that we would need something to keep the kids busy while we worked. There is quite a bit of sand from when the river flooded so it is kind of like a big sandbox. I asked Garrett if he knew where our old Tonka trucks were and he said that he had an idea. When we got home, we found them and Gavin and I had to try them out. We have two trucks, a bulldozer, and a truck with an excavator arm on it. It was great to push them around in the dirt. I love the bulldozer more than anything. I remember playing as a kid for hours in our sandbox. Piling up dirt with the shovel and digging holes and then using the bulldozer to make roads around everything. We used to have a front end loader but it must have gotten broken and thrown away. There is nothing quite like a pile of dirt and some cool toys to play with. I'm going to search around the web right now and look for a front end loader and maybe another bulldozer. I can't wait any longer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment