Sunday, March 4, 2012

I forget how much time these little creatures take!

So...for all you who follow my blog, this is Reagan's official birth announcement.


My Step mother in law, Cindy, is a photographer. I'll put a plug for her as she did these pics for free. Check out her site at www.cindyradfordphotography.com .

Reagan would not cooperate. Well, she wouldn't go to sleep. So, with her eyes opened wide, she posed for her pictures. She is so cute!!

I wish I could say life is just peachy keen now that she is here. She is a fantastic, normal little newborn. Lots of diapers, lots of spit up, and lots of eating/sleeping/pooping. I love to hold her and stare at her cute little face. We still have not decided who she looks like. Her 3 siblings are being terrible, little stinkers. We are all adjusting to having another body in the house. One that takes up a lot of mom's time. I wouldn't change it for the world, and neither would they. They all love her very much. I'm still trying to not feel bad that my house is a disaster. I suppose I could do my dishes right now, but I'd much rather blog about Reagan. Really, I should probably go to sleep before she wakes to eat again.
I won't share my birthing story. To me, it was pretty run of the mill. It hurt terribly, but I made it through sans epidural. Matthew is the most fantastic coach/partner ever. He helps me breath, pushes on all the pressure points i need him to, and tells me that I did a fantastic job even though I feel like I can never do it again and I was ready to give up! (Not that you can) I love you, Matthew! Thank you for being there for me.
My recovery, physically, has been speedy. My heart goes out to all those who have a longer recovery due to c-sections. I cannot even begin to understand all that goes into that.

Now, for a funny story. Men, beware, it is a breastfeeding story.
I'm pretty open about breastfeeding. I don't make it obvious or anything, but I don't mind breastfeeding with other people around. I use a drape whenever men are present. However, my children are told what is going on and I don't really hide it with them. I was feeding Reagan tonight while singing songs to Gavin and McKinley. I was switching sides when Gavin looked up and says, "Whoa mom! You have 2 nipples!?!" I have no idea why that came out tonight, but it was quite humorous. He's seen me nurse multiple times, but maybe he never saw me switch. Who knows what goes through the minds of children. He is such a funny, dramatic, all about me, little boy!

Well, I'd best sign off. Tomorrow is national laundry day at our house. And the dishes need to be done. And the upstairs needs to be completely put back together. Oh-we got the bunkbeds upstairs!! And the dresser. I'll take a picture and blog about it later.

5 comments:

  1. My sweet busy daughter!! How I remember those busy days!! National laundry day!! Ha!! It was wonderful to spend a couple of days there with your sweet children...yes...the same ones you have! I wish I was closer so I could help out more. I seem to remember how much I left to do, just to spend time with each child. That is ok...when they are gone...you can do housework!! Ha!! Love you & yes, Matthew, you are terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....
    You had a baby on my birthday! I always knew you loved me! ;)

    She is precious. Congratulations!

    ...and a nursing story...
    We brought our #3 home from the hospital and my older boys were VERY curious about nursing. I tried to be as discreet as I could, but it didn't work out so well. They were right in the baby's face trying to see what he was doing. I explained to my #2 that it was just the way babies ate. He looked at me with his gigantic eyes and said, "Can I touch it?"
    My #1 gasped and said in his sternest-four-old-little-voice, "You don't touch other people's food!"
    I laughed so hard I cried. Good times.

    Congratulations again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! I love your stories, Nat! I'm so glad that Reagan was born on your birthday. Maybe her stories will be just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stories, too! She really is an adorable little baby. Don't worry about the housework too much, if at all. It will get done eventually. Try to get the rest you can and enjoy the time with your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete