Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm a little late with Halloween!

So, Halloween was pretty run of the mill. Just did the trunk or treat at the church and they had a soup dinner. McKinley dressed as a Rainbow Princess, Gavin as Rafael (ninja turtle), and Jamison was a monkey. They all had a grand time.
I'm mostly posting to show off our awesome pumpkin carving skills. Matthew's dad plants half his garden in pumpkins and then sells them. Matthew brought a load down here and we sold most of them. We had about 20 left. So, we carved them all. Matthew did most of them on a Sunday afternoon while I slept. But, I'm super proud of my Quasimoto pumpkin!! See for yourself. My husband is pretty awesome at carving pumpkins. He's had a lot of practice over the years. I especially like the slashed out eye one in the middle of the bottom picture. Pretty gruesome.






The day after halloween, Gavin really wanted me to go and buy a Mario brothers Mario costume. After much deliberation, I found these blue overalls and red shirt. Matthew came home, drew mustaches on the boys, put his hats on them, and WALLA, two Marios!! Gavin was content. Cute little boys!
I sure do love my kids!! Can they get any cuter?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some awesome pumpkins! And I love that you had so many. How fun! Your kids just keep getting bigger. It's amazing how that happens. And when you don't see them regularly, there seems to be such a difference from the last time you saw them. They are as cute as ever though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They get cuter & cuter every time I see them...good look'n pumpkins too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Crazy pumpkin-carving skills! We had tons of pumpkins, but after 11 pumpkins we were done carving. We just gave up!! The kids got burned out half way through their first pumpkins and Clint and I ended up finishing them all. Good times.

    It looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete