Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sophie, this one's for you

Sophie is my dear sister in law. I've never had a sister so it's been a learning experience. We all really like Sophie, especially the kids. Who else would teach my children how to say 'echinodermota'? Anyways, Morgan, Dad, and I made the annual pilgrimage up Red Ridge on our motorbikes. Dad has been going since he was in his teens, 40 years ago. All four of us boys have gone at different times though we've never all been together. I would like to see that happen at some point. We'll have to acquire some more motorbikes to make that happen. Anyways, part of this marvelous adventure is the hunting of blue grouse. (Keep reading Sophie, I'm getting to the whole reason for this post, I have two pictures to post and then the one for you).

Here we are at the rock slide. This is my new motorbike's first trip up Red Ridge. My old white one has made it numerous times and Morgan's bike has been even more times.


Here is the elusive (not really) blue grouse. Sometimes they block the trail and you have to shoot them to get by.

Okay, Sophie this next picture is for you.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*Wait for it.....
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Morgan clearing the trail by shooting birds with his .22 pistol. Yes, he is still sitting astride his trusty steed, wearing his helmet and gloves!

I hope the suspense was worth it Sophie. Your husband (aka my brother) is so rad. I would like to say I taught him all he knows but unfortunately it is probably the other way around.

We ate our birds on Sunday. BBQ Blue Grouse is Jamison's new favorite recipe. I cooked them in the crock pot for most of the day in some salt water and then shredded them and put the BBQ sauce in and simmer for a couple more hours (kind of like shredded pork).

Tasty!

1 comment:

  1. Holy SNORT! It's like watching Robo-cop go pheasant hunting. I laughed for seriously 5 min. straight. Then I showed Morgan. And he did the same. Then we'd look away and then back...and laugh some more. Delightful and definitely worth the suspense!

    ReplyDelete