Sunday, August 14, 2011

Family reunions

We've had a couple family reunions the last little while. The Hurst family (my mom's mom) and the Hill family. I don't really know too many people on the Hurst side. We mostly hang out with our immediate cousins, but it is fun to let the kids get to know my cousins. I thought that I better share a few pictures to keep people looking at our blog. I know, I know, stories of motorbikes don't thrill everyone. So as promised, a few pictures, and since it's me posting, some witty commentary to accompany them.

Gavin and Jamison had a blast playing air hockey together (or with anyone else for that matter) at Shauna and Michael's house. It was so fun to see them play together. They would both laugh and laugh.Gavin is an air hockey fool! Just ask him. In fact Gavin would like to explain now why he is so awesome. This is Gavin typing. oppp[]]]\fffffgml;poo9i8u75rxzsdzaq1jhyy6gygnnnn444444444[ppp
4wwqkomttyty GAVIN 4MNw

The kids got to ride in a wagon behind these mighty steeds. This photo was not altered in any way. Those really are tiny little horses!

Great Grandpa and Grandma Hurst had this nativity scene that somebody liked so they brought it and set it up so everybody could remember it. This picture actually has a couple extra wiseguys in it. See if you can find them...

McKinley is so lucky that Aunt Shauna is so awesome! She did a way better job doing McKi's hair that I would have. Erica had to work and stayed home so I was in charge. I am a way good delegater.

This is a beautiful picture of two little girls. Nakona is actually my cousin but she's just a year older than McKinley. They had fun playing together.

We used to go camping every year with all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins but haven't made it the last couple years. I kind of miss it. There's just something about being camping that makes people seem more real. You see them groggy in the morning, you see them dirty, you laugh, you play, you burn things. It's a real bonding time. That is a tradition that I would like to see carried out in my family. Amen.

1 comment: