Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My husband is AWESOME!!

Okay-I just wanted to start with this cute picture of Jamison! He is growing up so fast, although he doesn't seem to be gaining weight. He is hitting all his mile stones just fine. His latest trick is climbing up the stairs. He follows the kids up whenever they go up to get ready for bed. Cute kid!!
Gavin turned 3 last week. He seems older then that due to his size and his speech. He speaks very well for a 3 yr old. He is a complete monster, but he's so cute you can hardly get mad at him. He's very much into super heros, even though he doesn't really know who they are. He does know who the ninja turtles are, so he often plays karate.
My favorite time with him is when McKinley is at school and Jamison is asleep. Gavin and I get to do whatever he wants. A couple of times this includes using hangers as bows and pretending to have arrows on our back. We sit on the curb and shoot at the cars going by. We also use the hangers as fishing poles and fish off the curb when there are no cars coming. Good times. Here are a few birthday pictures.
Being the lazy mom I am, I bought the cake. He loved it, that's all that mattered.
He got these two swords for his birthday. Matthew and I tried them out at the store, hitting each other as hard as we could. They do not hurt!! Matthew made the shields a couple of days later. Gavin loves the swords!!

Then Matthew got even more creative! I love my husband! Anytime the kids want something drawn, or made, or created, they are sent to dad. I came home from a quick jaunt to the grocery store to find Gavin riding his "trusty steed" with his new knight helmet! It needs a bit of improvement, but Gavin loves it!! I'm sure Matthew will improve on the design in time. Gotta love the brain of an engineer! Matthew really loved the footie PJ's.

3 comments:

  1. You've sure got a cute crew there! I love picturing you and Gavin out on the curb with your "bows & arrows"! Such a good mommy you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Trogdor on the shield? Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to be a good mommy when you only have one child to focus on. It gets tricky when all three are runny/crawling around. I do cherish those one on one moments. Oh-and yes, it is Trogdor.

    ReplyDelete