Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh, Christmas Tree....

Who invented christmas trees anyways? They obviously didn't have kids. We have had our tree up for a grand total of three days and it has been tipped over twice. McKinley has tried to stand on her little plastic chair and hang stuff on it which tips over and she hits the couch which bounces her into the tree and then she hits the floor. This has happened several times. I put the lights up but we haven't put the ornaments on it yet. I'm hoping the kids will get some of their enthusiasm out of their system. They love to turn the lights on and off and on and off and on and off and .... well you get the idea. It has blown a bulb two times so I've had to find the burnt out one. I don't know how much more I can take.

I think that I need a new tree stand maybe. I really think it would help. If anybody has had good luck with their tree stand let me know where they got it from. The whole christmas tree thing may be canceled next year.

P.S. Don't think that I am a scrooge, I'm just getting tired of messing with the stand and lights. Have a Merry Christmas season. Let's get this party started!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! We're dealing with the same issues. Why do all the Christmas decorations have to be breakable, too? I know it is so exciting for the little kids, but it is also added stress for the parents! Oh well. At least they are having fun!

    ReplyDelete