Monday, October 14, 2013

Gavin's birthday.....a long time ago

My boy turned 6! He is getting too old for my liking. He's such a good boy. His birthday was a very long affair. We went to Salt Lake for my nephew's baptism and went to the zoo for Gavin's birthday. Then his Grandma Janean and Grandpa James came down to give him a present a few days later. Then the next Saturday after the baptism, his actual birthday, we had a friend party.
I made devil's food cake from scratch. I don't like chocolate cake. It was yummy! He had a rocket ship cake, although nothing else about his party had rocket ships in it. It was really a nerf gun party. Party favors for all the boys were palm size, single shoot nerf guns. Matthew had an old calendar from work that was full of wild life pictures. He cut them out and hung them on the wall. The boys had a heyday "hunting". It was pretty low key. Here are some pictures.
The cake, baked in a 9x13 glass pan, sunk pretty severely in the middle. Matthew always tells me to fill it with frosting, but I think frosting is not very tasty. So I crumbled the cut out parts and mixed them with frosting and used that to fill the gap. Since I piped the décor, it worked out nicely. No one knew it was sunk and it had a better cake tasting flavor instead of frosting.
Me, McKinley, Michael, Gage, Jaxton, Gavin, Cody, Jamison.
 
Its kind of blurry, but I love the excitement on their faces when they all opened their own presents.
Gavin with his hippy hair. Its short now.
The happy party.
Love having a patio to eat outside.


Happy Birthday, Gavin!
These are not from Gavin's party, but I wanted to blog about it. This is McKinley's idea of trying to hide the fact that she was sneaking icecream. She continues to be a thief at home, but luckily she doesn't do it anymore at school. Just ask, Child!
And this picture is very blurry....but Matthew and I are very excited about this achievement. We paid off Matthew's truck. Even though my name is clearly on the title, its still his truck. What a nice feeling! We are now debt free, except for a couple of very large home loans. Sigh. Wish we could get out of our townhouse. Maybe in a couple more years.
Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment