Monday, April 29, 2013

Have you ever wondered about your anbrothers?

This was our dinner conversation tonight, trying to explain to the kids what "ancestors" are.....

McKinley: "Like great grandpa Oink is our ancestor?" (He's Grandpa Henry Bradford who just recently passed away.)

Me: "Yes, he's your ancestor."

Gavin pipes up: "You mean our anbrother?"

Oh my! That's hilarious! I hurried and grabbed some paper and a pen and wrote it down. Poor, sweet, Gavin didn't even realize why we thought it was so funny. Sweet innocent little guy! Guess he thought we were saying ansister. Kids are funny.

Since I'm here, I'll give my side of San Diego. I was completely lazy. Completely, completely lazy. I did try to go running the first night we were there. Got about a mile into my 3 mile run and my right calf cramped up. It still hurts. Did manage to exercise the next day with my Turbo Fire. Successfully rented a car and drove to the San Diego Temple by myself. That was a little nerve wracking. Then, because my name was on the papers, I drove the remaining days of our trip with Matthew serving as navigator. We did pretty good, I think.
Matthew failed to mention our trip to the Mormon Battalion place. It was pretty cool! They completely rebuilt the structure, leaving the original foundation, and created an interactive tour. It was interesting....never knew too much about them.

I have to say, chilling at the beach was probably the best part. It was a nice day. I, too, wish we could have tried surfing. It would have been fun. Otherwise, I think that San Diego is just too big for my taste. Everything is squished in, no grass, no yards. Where would your kids play? Just not for me. And the bathroom thing in Gaslamp.....I was a little surprised. Not even the Subway sandwich place had a bathroom! What? Just seems a little strange. Of course, there were a lot more homeless people on the streets. Our friends pointed out that maybe the businesses just didn't want those people cleaning up in their bathrooms. It makes sense, but still.....No bathrooms anywhere? Just struck me as odd. And slightly un hospitable.

Anyhoo... back to real life. Kids did good at Grandma Susie and Grandpa Bradford's house. They love hanging with the cousins and don't see grandma and grandpa often enough. So glad that my parents are willing to take on the challenge of 4 extra kids so we can have a break. Thanks, mom and dad! It is awfully nice to get away.

Night!

1 comment:

  1. that is pretty clever of gavin to come to that conclusion. i am sure it was hilarious in person during the conversation.

    ReplyDelete