Saturday, March 5, 2011

This is so sad.....

I was going to blog about something funny, not having to do with our children. I can't remember what it was. Pathetic.
That being said, I might as well say a little something while I'm here. I've been reminiscing a lot lately. Most people who read this know that I served a mission in Argentina. Lately I've been missing the experiences and people I met there. Our stake has set the goals of getting to know your neighbors and loving them. How hard it is for me to go out and meet the neighbors who live behind us!! Being in the mission field, you are constantly knocking on doors, sharing your testimony, sharing who we are. Why is it so hard now? Anyhoo, I'll get to it-on a bread making day. Warm bread should warm over any neighbor, right?
I got an email a couple days a go from a family in Argentina. He was the ward mission leader. Such sweet people!! I really want to go back when the temple in Cordoba is completed. He said it will be 3 years out. That is good news for me, not so much for them. I might have enough time to save enough money by then!! It was fun to hear from them.
My mother in law got remarried this last week to the guy she's been dating for the past several months. Kinda weird, but she is extremely happy. I like the guy. He's really good to Janean. What a surreal experience to go through divorcing parents as an adult. You never get over being the kid. If anyone ever needs to talk........
I found some fun pics to post...because I always like to look at pics...
Gavin, me, and Janean. Gavin likes to run over your shadow. Its a good game to help him turn.
These are ice crystals on our kitchen window. Sophie, you'll appreciate this picture. Matthew took it. He's getting pretty good with our camera.
Us with McKinley. She's an awesome little skier. We need to work on getting her doing Christy turns. Its nice to have a picture with both of us in it.
If you don't laugh at this, there is something wrong with you! I'm not sure what she was looking at! We have a second one where she was looking at the camera and looking normal, but where is the fun in that? Oh my! Just makes me laugh!

1 comment:

  1. That picture did make me laugh! And before reading what you said. I hear what you mean about the difference between being in the mission field and now. I feel it, too. I sometimes think, "I should get to know people at work more so that it could grow into a possible missionary opportunity," but then I just work, work, work. I have missed so many people from Bolivia. It's not the same as seeing them, but Facebook has helped me be in contact more with some... Anyway, I hear ya and cute pics!

    ReplyDelete