Sunday, January 2, 2011

Finally-we can get on again

Something happened to our blogging password. It prevented us from posting for a bit. So, quick updates. Jamison turned 1 on the 11th. Happy Birthday little guy! He came in at 17 lbs 6 oz and 18 inches tall, which is the smallest of all our kids at a year. He seems so small to us!! It puts him in the 1% for weight and the 6% for height. Matthew is terrified that McKinley will be 6 ft tall and Jamison will be 5'5". I'm sure he'll be taller than that. His birthday was pretty quiet. We celebrated at Aunt Sophie and Uncle Morgan's house. (thanks for letting us crash your house, Soph!) He wasn't too interested in getting into his cake. After about 20 minutes of screaming and eating cake given to him by Matthew, he finally went after it with a fork. He did not like the frosting. Visual aids........
I'm pretty proud of this cake. I've been rather lazy making cakes lately. This is my first attempt since McKinley turned 2. Lucky for them, grandma Susie loves making cakes!! I'll start being better!!
What he looked like for the first while.

Finally, a fork!! He did not like to touch the frosting. Silly kid.

Christmas was wonderful. The kids got way to many new toys, but it has kept them busy in the past week. I cleaned out their old toys, to weed out the non essentials and organize the remaining toys, and found Gavin's Buzz and Woody dolls. I think he's been happier to see them than anything else he got at Christmas. He does love his transformers. McKinley got an art kit with more crayons, markers, paints, stamps, stickers, etc than one little girl needs. She loves it though and its portable, making it nice for trips. Jamison did not show too much interest in our holiday adventures. Matthew got a remote control helicopter, which he enjoys as well as the kids. Gavin enjoyed trying to shoot it down with his new nerf guns! We did take a trip to Grandma Susie's prior to Christmas. It was a fun visit with cousins and aunts and uncles. We always have a good laugh when my siblings and I get together. We are all fairly loud and sarcastic, so it makes for good times. My brother is a superb cook and made a delicious rib and turkey dinner. My favorite part is the vegetable tray with ranch dip. Nothing gets better than that!!

Notice Gavin's spidey pj's in the background. He also got a big fleece spidey blanket from grandma Susie. The kid loves action figures.

New Year's was spent up in Rexburg, as is tradition. We went skiing Thursday and Friday and then had our annual Christmas tree burn on Saturday. We had lots of good, dried trees. It was awesome!!! We didn't do much on New Year's eve. Matthew despises dancing, so I couldn't convince him to take me anywhere. Maybe next year. Skiing went well. Gavin can get down the hill without help and McKinley is showing greater control over her skis. Its enough that Matthew and I can continue riding our boards rather than skiing. (or attempting to ski in my case) McKinley is anxious to try out a snowboard, but we are hesitant to let her till she gets older. She's so good at skiing!
It was nice to have Matthew take a day off to go up skiing. Janean was able to keep Jamison in the ski school office, so we didn't even have to get a babysitter. She even kept McKinley and Gavin so we could take a couple runs without the kids. I'm getting better at turning down steep hills. I'm a big fat chicken!!
Funny story-today during sacrament meeting McKinley was observing our bishop's family. They have a daughter her age and they are good friends. She says to me in a "this is not fair" voice, "Mom, Abby's mom has 4 kids and we only have 3!". I explained to her that Abby's mom is a little older than I am and someday we will have 4 kids, just not right now. It is so funny what little kids worry about.
Hope everyone had a good holiday season. We didn't send out Christmas cards this year, so belated Merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Jamison really is a lightweight. My #4 was, too. He was barely 17 pounds on his birthday. He's still super skinny. My baby, who isn't quite six months old is already 17 pounds and 13 ounces. The kid has rolls on top of his rolls! I think it's funny how even though my kids all came from the same mold, they're all so different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been out of the blogging world for a few months, so it is fun catching up with you and your family! Our blog is still behind... But I am glad to see you are doing so well. Though small, Jamison is growing up! And really, all three kids are so cute! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete