Saturday, July 3, 2010

Traditions

Its kind of funny how traditions start. I think that some of the best family traditions are not on purpose. We've had one of these kinds of traditions that has started in the last little while with the kids. It all started one Saturday morning at breakfast time. I like waffles for breakfast so I was going to make some. We had been playing a game on the computer with pits of green goop that you have to jump over. The were being funny and kept telling me "Watch out for the green goop!" When we finished our game and were making breakfast I asked them if they wanted to make green waffles. We haven't had regular colored waffles since. Every time I mention waffles they start asking if they can make them blue, or green, or yellow, or red. Then McKinley starts asking what color they would be if you mixed the colors. I need to get a color wheel for her to show her.

Anyways its kind of funny. As proof see the picture below.



On a side note, I was making syrup one morning to eat with our waffles and noticed this amazing phenomenon on my very own stove. Its not exactly the Virgin Mary on a piece of toast but interesting none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment